3rd Degree Shinpiden (Mystery Teachings) Original Japanese Reiki
Usui Reiki Ryoho - Usui System of Natural Healing
The aim of the course is to continue to build on the solid foundations formed from the Shoden and Okuden practices. Giving a deeper sense of clarity and confidence as we delve into the interconnectedness of all 3 levels.
Shinpiden is aimed at those who wish to delve deeper into the traditional spiritual teachings of the system of Reiki to deepen their own personal and spiritual development. This level is also for those wishing to go on to teaching others the Japanese System of Reiki, but teaching is not a requirement of this level and it can be simply be about furthering your own practise teaching those who they feel closest to, i.e. family & friends.
Requirements for attending are: Completion of Level 1 and 2 Reiki or ideally 1st Degree Shoden & 2nd Degree Okuden. There needs to be at least 12 months between taking your 2nd degree course and your 3rd degree course. You need to be practicing Reiki (especially self-healing) and Reiki Meditations on a regular basis; living the Precepts; mindfulness must play a part in your life; working with the energies of CKR (Earth Ki) and SHK (Heavenly Ki) on a regular basis, and at least occasionally be sending distance healing. And lastly, but quite importantly, you will need to have been attending at least some of the Reiki support groups/classes offered (unless you live too far to attend), as this would show your commitment to the practice.
The course will take students around 6 months to complete Part 1, Reiki Master Practitioner and a further 2 months to complete Part 2, Reiki Master Teacher. You can complete RMP without completing RMT but you cannot do it the other way around. I discourage students from using the title 'Master', as this is something that really takes a lifetime to accomplish. So students at all levels are Reiki Practitioners and when they teach, they are Reiki teachers. If you feel the need for the title 'Reiki Master' then you need to look deep inside yourself as to why you have this need, this could be the ego taking hold.
The course can also be completed as a distance learning course, but I would prefer that anyone completing it in this manner, attend at least 2 of the Reiki Master classes (unless the distance was further than an hours drive away), and so therefore, they would also need to start around the same time as the live course.
A Bespoke Reiki Master Practitioner and Teacher course is available for those already holding a Level 3 certificate. The course concentrates on the Original/Traditional Japanese Practices: Hatsurei; The 5 Elements; Experiencing bringing in the energy of the symbols in a variety of ways; Developing the Hara; Chanting the sounds of the Shinto mantras, The Precepts in Japanese; Mindfulness; Becoming DKM; and Japanese Reiju/Empowerments/Spiritual Blessings - both receiving and learning how to give them, how to hold space and be DKM.
Venue: Middlewich, Cheshire (Reiki room/teaching room at my property in Middlewich)
Course: Minimum 6 month course (gives students continued support along the way)
Or a Bespoke course 2 or 3 day course for anyone holding a current Reiki Master Practitioner and Teacher Certificate from another lineage
Day/Times: January 2020 to July 2020 (Part 1) September 2020 to November 2020 (Part 2)
For a Bespoke or Fast Track Course please enquire and see below for further information - Cost £450
Cost: For those training at 'Relax and Heal with Reiki' - Part 1 RMP £250 & Part 2 RMT £100 total £350 (this includes having taken their 1st degree Shoden and/or 2nd degree Okuden Course with myself)
For others, holding a level 1 and 2 or Shoden & Okuden certificate - Part 1 RMP £300 & Part 2 £150 total £450
Deposit: £50 (to show genuine commitment to the course)
Includes: A Professional 3rd Degree Shinpiden Manual/cd and other media to support your practice ).
Attending: Max no. of Attendees: 6
Method of Payment: Book and pay a deposit via Paypal - see 'BOOK NOW' or if you don't have a Paypal account, you can pay via BACS.
Please bring a light lunch and wear comfortable clothing
Here is an overview of the course:
Part 1 – Reiki Master Practitioner
1. Stage 1 takes you back to basics, familiarising yourself with the Shoden Manual and Cd and making sure that Hatsurei and the Usui self-healing meditation are now part of your daily practice. Time: You have approx. 2 weeks to complete
2. Stage 2 takes you back to your Okuden Manual and Cd and by now you should be in a regular daily pattern of practicing Hatsurei and the Usui self-healing meditation. You should already have spent at least 6 months working with the energy of CKR and then a following 6 months of working with the energy of SHK (or be working towards that). Time: You have approx. 2 weeks to complete
3. Stage 3 covers the Master Symbols and other Powerful Symbols. Firstly, you will receive a Master Empowerment (This can be given at a distance) and then you will learn how to feel the energies of the different symbols and practice using them. Finally, you will learn how in time, you can move beyond the symbols and access their energies direct. Time: You have 4 – 6 weeks to complete
4. Stage 4 is about Shinto mantras that pre-date the use of Reiki Symbols. Firstly, you will receive Empowerments for each of the 4 energies (this can be given at a distance). You will then practice chanting and meditating on the four kotodama energies. You will then compare their energies with the four corresponding Reiki symbols. Finally, you will use them in practice when treating and carrying out distant healing. Time: You have 4 - 6 weeks to complete
5. Stage 5 is about learning to ‘Develop the Hara’, an important part of the original system that Usui taught. We will use a specific meditation, or energy exercise, to achieve this, and the exercise will continue throughout the rest of the course and beyond. Time: You have 4 weeks to complete
6. This final stage of the Master Practitioner Course is about pushing the barriers, moving beyond self-imposed limitations. You will start by receiving a Master Empowerment (this can be given at a distance). You will carry out a number of exercises to see what is possible. You will also consider, a number of non-Reiki techniques that have been added to Reiki over the years.
Time: You have 4 – 6 weeks to complete
When you have completed all the above stages to my satisfaction, you will have reached Reiki Master Practitioner Level. Congratulations! And if you decide not to progress to Reiki Master Teacher, you will now receive your Reiki Master Practitioner Certificate.
If you do decide to complete Reiki Master Teacher, you will learn how to give both Western Attunements and Japanese Empowerments and will need to carry these out on students of all levels of Reiki. After completion you will then receive a ‘Reiki Master Practitioner & Teacher’ Certificate.
Part 2 – Reiki Master Teacher
7. Stage 7 is about Western Attunements. Firstly, you will learn how to carry out a second degree Attunement, and you will practice carrying it out. Then you will learn how to carry out a Western Master Attunement. Finally, you will learn how to carry out the First Degree Attunements. Time: 10 – 14 Days (you may take up to 1 month).
8. This final stage is about Japanese Empowerments, which are called Reiju. Firstly, you will learn how to give a Reiju (Spiritual Blessing), and you will practice carrying it out. Then you will learn how to give a Reiju at different levels, and practice doing this. Finally, you will learn how to carry out self-empowerments, and practice these for yourself. Time: 10 – 14 Days (you may take up to 1 month).
The training and support doesn't stop after the course. There are many other practices and meditations that we can develop after the course. This course is just the beginning of your training at 3rd Degree.
The structure of the 6 month course was thanks to my teacher Taggart King - Reiki Evolution, he brings western reiki together with Japanese reiki, because we are here in the west. And he brings some interesting techniques and symbols, whilst he keeps the system as pure and simple as we want it to be. I like that he shows us different techniques, whilst explaining they are powerful, but not really reiki ... but they work, so we can try them out, it's all about understanding that we are so much more than we realize!
My other teacher Simon Bailey has taught me Original Japanese Reiki from another perspective, and this brings us deeper into the practice with the esoteric teachings from the original system. I consider Taggarts Masters course as a great starter for newly practicing students at 3rd degree. I consider the masters training I received from Simon as an extension to my 3rd Degree Shinpiden course. This way students have the opportunity to develop gradually, as their bodies get used to the new powerful energies we are practicing with, and as they begin to understand what Reiki at this level is really all about. Oneness with everything, and how powerful we really are!